Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My 25 Most Played Tunes


Just thought this would be fun to do. I listen to music 8+ hours a day, so I was very curious what my most played songs are. Although I have about 1,000 songs on constant rotation, it's obvious that what I like most is American Idol season 9 contestant Alex Lambert's version of "Everybody Knows". He also lands in the number 18 spot with "Trouble".

The most played band is Down With Webster, who I will be seeing live this Saturday night at Memphis. They have eight songs that make the list. Others that make the list that are among my favorite is The Bravery, Brandon Flowers (from The Killers), CJ Baran (from Push Play), the Glee cast and Christian artist Andrew Witt (listed as Rough Draft on my playlist). '

Another American Idol Season 9 contestant, Casey James, is number 20 with "It's All Over Now". Numbers 21 and 22 perplexed me a bit. They are amazing covers of two of my most favorite songs. "Wonderwall", performed by the acapella group Straight No Chaser, is originally by Oasis. I actually also really love Ryan Adams' version of the song as well. I think I probably have about five different copies of this song on my iPod. Number 22 is "Supermassive Black Hole". The original version is performed by Muse, which some know was a major hit due to the Twilight soundtrack. However, this version is from the Vitamin String Quartet. I managed to come across this ensemble because of another vampire inspired fave of mine, The Vampire Diaries. The show plays some incredible music, as some of my friends are finding out (thanks for playing Kris Allen!), and Vitamin String Quartet are known for performing cool instrumental covers of popular tunes.

There are lots of things that I love that didn't make the list. Everything from Kris Allen to Eminem to Maroon 5 are absent from this list. Some of my favorite music, like the Beatles, I have on CD. I lost several of my playlist tunes when my last computer died. So, I am replenishing my stockpile and putting my old cd's on here.

So, what's on your Top 25 Playlist? Please feel free to share in the comment section, or you can tweet me at @lostiegirl78.

No comments:

Post a Comment